FALL APPLICATIONS ARE DUE BY DECEMBER 1ST
SPRING APPLICATIONS OPEN DECEMBER 2ND
Please read the following instructions carefully. Failure to comply will result in your application being placed on hold. The GSA encourages all graduate students to enhance their educational experience by attending academic conferences, and presenting on their work. Speaking at conferences to share your knowledge not only enhances your personal reputation, but strengthens Hunter’s reputation, making your degree more valuable.
A downloadable travel grant flyer can be found here.
The online application can be found here.
Students are eligible for awards ranging between $300 for attendees and $500 for presenters. It is important to note that these award values are flexible dependent on approval of the GSA when proper justification has been provided by the applicant.
- Applications must be submitted online 4 weeks before the conference start date
- The CUNY Waiver and Approval Form must be submitted IN PERSON to the GSA Office.
- Presenters must submit documents outlined in Part II – Section H of the application.
The supporting documents listed above must be submitted in person to:
Hunter College Graduate Student Association
Thomas Hunter Hall, Room 115 (located next to the security desk)
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
Documents can be dropped off during our office hours listed below. If these hours are not convenient, you may contact us to schedule a better time. Lastly, documents placed in an envelope can also be slipped under our door.
Mondays 6-8 pm
Wednesdays 9-11am, 7-8pm (Silberman Campus on 119th, room 115 on the third floor.)
Students can check the status of their application by contacting the GSA.
STUDENTS AWARDED TRAVEL AWARDS
In order to process your award, we need proof of your expenses, which must adhere to GSA and CUNY guidelines. Although you may pay registration fees and transportation costs ahead of time, additionally we need proof that you attended the conference. Therefore, you must attend the conference BEFORE you submit these specific materials listed below. Students may only receive one award per academic year.
Supporting Expense Documentation:
- Original receipts for travel, accommodation, and registration fees. All receipts must show method of payment. If this is not available, please submit bank statement outlining the corresponding charge. (No receipt copies allowed. If the receipts are digital, please print and submit email receipt confirmations.)
- Small receipts must be taped to a letter sized page.
- Proof of attendance: Conference badge, conference program, certificate of attendance, etc.
The travel award DOES NOT reimburse for workshops, memberships, certification, sessions that award college credits, tax, gratuities, meals, car rentals, fuel or tolls. The awards are for DOMESTIC travel ONLY.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.