**Applications will be accepted only from Matriculated Hunter College Graduate Students for the 2017-2018 Academic Year**
Please read the following instructions carefully. Failure to comply will result in your application being placed on hold. The GSA encourages all graduate students to enhance their educational experience by attending academic conferences, and presenting on their work. Speaking at conferences to share your knowledge not only enhances your personal reputation, but strengthens Hunter’s reputation, making your degree more valuable.
A downloadable travel grant flyer can be found here.
The online application can be found here.
Hunter College Graduate Students are eligible for awards ranging between $300 for attendees and $500 for presenters. It is important to note that these award values are flexible dependent on approval of the GSA when proper justification has been provided by the applicant.
- Applications must be submitted online 4 weeks before the conference start date
- Fill out and sign the forms below, bring them to the GSA Office (TH115) no later than 4 weeks before your conference:
- Off-Campus Waiver – Do not complete Part A (Not required for events in the Tri-State Area)
- Travel Approval Form – Fill out using yourself as “Sponsor” (Not required for events in the Tri-State Area)
- Also bring a copy of your conference schedule, program, booklet etc.
- Presenters must submit documents outlined in Part II – Section H of the application.
Any supporting documents listed above that must be submitted in person should be brought to:
Hunter College Graduate Student Association
Thomas Hunter Hall, Room 115 (located next to the security desk)
695 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10065
Documents can be dropped off during our office hours listed below. If these hours are not convenient, you may contact us to schedule a better time. Lastly, documents placed in an envelope can also be slipped under our door.
Tuesday 4-6 pm – Ilya Geller
Wednesday 9-11 am – Eman Abbas, Ana Aparicio (also 7-8pm Silberman Campus on 119th, room 115 on the third floor)
Thursday 1-3 pm – Megan Lyons; 3-5 pm – Jaclyn Taylor
Friday 12-2 pm – Natalia Grube
Saturday 11am-1pm – Zenith Isidor
Students can check the status of their application by contacting the GSA.
STUDENTS AWARDED TRAVEL AWARDS
In order to process your award, we need proof of your expenses, which must adhere to GSA and CUNY guidelines. Although you may pay registration fees and transportation costs ahead of time, additionally we need proof that you attended the conference. Therefore, you must attend the conference BEFORE you submit these specific materials listed below. Students may only receive one award per academic year.
Supporting Expense Documentation:
- Original receipts for travel, accommodation, and registration fees. All receipts must show method of payment. If this is not available, please submit bank statement outlining the corresponding charge. (No receipt copies allowed. If the receipts are digital, please print and submit email receipt confirmations.)
- Small receipts must be taped to a letter sized page.
- Proof of attendance: Conference badge, conference program, certificate of attendance, etc.
The travel award DOES NOT reimburse for workshops, memberships, certification, sessions that award college credits, tax, gratuities, meals, car rentals, fuel or tolls. The awards are for DOMESTIC travel ONLY.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.